The Trump campaign has reportedly squandered most of the $1.1 billion it raised, blowing millions on Super Bowl ads to rival Bloomberg and targeted DC ads to please Trump.
- Between January and July this year, President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign has spent $800 million of its $1.1 billion campaign war chest, a New York Times investigation has found.
- Some of the big spends by the campaign seemed more designed to please Trump than win over voters, with millions spent on ads in solidly Democratic Washington, DC, The Times reported.
- The campaign also spent $11 million on Super Bowl ads to rival former Democratic candidate and billionaire Michael Bloomberg, The Times said.
- Much of the spending can be traced to decisions by Brad Parscale, who was demoted as Trump’s campaign manager after June’s disastrous Tulsa rally.
- New Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien has since imposed “a series of belt-tightening measures,” The Times reported.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign has squandered its significant cash advantage over Joe Biden’s rival presidential campaign, a New York Times investigation has found.
According to The Times, which spoke to dozens of current and former campaign aides and reviewed thousands of finance documents, the Trump campaign has spent $800 million of its $1.1 billion war chest between the beginning of the year and July.
That’s close to three-quarters of its total funds spent with several months of the campaign left to fight.
And having won the race as Democratic nominee at a significant financial disadvantage to Trump, Joe Biden is winning back ground, with a record breaking $365 million fundraising haul in August.
According to the report, Biden has held a series of highly lucrative Zoom fundraisers during lockdown, which Trump eschewed, said aides, because he doesn’t like them.
The report detailed a series of massive spends by the campaign, which seem to be more about pleasing the president than winning over potential supporters. Read More………….